Are you guys ready for another amazing 15 minute dinner recipe?!? I don’t think you’re ready….. Ok, here it is; butternut squash and sage mac n’ cheese. Mac n’ cheese is the epitome of comfort food and this home cooked version makes it that much more comforting. Butternut squash makes an awesome vegan ‘cheese’ sauce plus it’s high in antioxidants, fiber and potassium making this the healthiest mac n’ cheese out there!! The butternut squash sauce is so good, you’ll want to drink it like a smoothie…hey, feel free, I won’t judge ya!!!!
Prep time: 5 min Cook time: 15 min Serves: 4
- 1 small butternut squash
- 7 oz pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 3/4 cup vegetable stock
- 2 tsp dried sage
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Bring large saucepan of water to a boil. Carefully add the squash and cook over medium heat for 11 minutes until very soft. Drain and set aside
- Place the pasta into boiling water and cook for 10 minutes until al dente. Drain and keep warm
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add diced onion and garlic. Sprinkle in the dried sage and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes until softened.
- Spoon the contents of frying pan into food processor along with the butternut squash. Pour in vegetable stock and blend on high until completely smooth
- Pour sauce over pasta and stir to mix completely. Season with salt and pepper